The Old Capitol Farmers Market (“Market”) is a producer-only farmers market located in the heart of Downtown Springfield at or near the corner of 4th and Adams Street. The 2019 season of the Old Capitol Farmers Market operates on Wednesdays and Saturdays for a total of 24 weeks, beginning Saturday, May 18th and ending Saturday, October 26th. This is a total of 47 market dates. The Market will take place every Wednesday and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. RAIN OR SHINE. In the case of severe weather, the Market Manager will make the determination regarding closing the entire market early.
The Old Capitol Farmers Market strives to:
- Support small farms and local growers by providing a venue to directly market their goods.
- Strengthen the local economy by providing a venue for the public to connect with local growers, artisans, musicians, and entrepreneurs.
- Build community by providing a public gathering space for community members to engage, interact, and exchange ideas with the people and projects around them.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles through increasing availability of fresh produce and locally raised food.
- Celebrate the diversity of locally-grown food and artisan products that are unique to Springfield and central Illinois.
- Support, revitalize, and grow downtown Springfield by increasing foot traffic and patronage to the downtown area.
Community Group Vendors
As a service to the community, the Old Capitol Farmers Market (“Market”) allows booths for non-profit community groups whose mission aligns with the mission of the Market. A community group is defined as a non-profit, charitable, educational, or government organization. An application, pre-approval, and payment are required for community group booths.
- All groups must feature an educational activity or service that engages the community. Examples include games, photo-booths, raffles, crafts, face painting, and wellness services (dental check-ups, chiropractic services, bicycle repairs).
- Groups will not be allowed to distribute religious or political propaganda.
- The Market Manager will evaluate each application before approval.
The 2019 vendor fee structure will be as follows:
- Market Season Fees
- Full Season Wednesday and Saturday: $500
- Full Season Wednesday Only: $300
- Full Season Saturday Only: $300
- Half season: $300 (24 market dates of your choosing)
- ⅓ Market: $120 (8 dates of your choosing)
- Daily rate: $25 per Market day*
- Street entertainment $5 per Market day
- Manage My Market Registration Fee: $15
- Inspection Fee: $80. Only new Growers will be obligated to pay the one-time $80 inspection fee. For more information see the Inspection Policy.
- Electricity: There will be no charge for electricity at this time.
*Daily vendors and street entertainers must be pre-scheduled one week in advance and approved by market staff. They are required to pay ahead of time or by 8:30 a.m. the day of the market at the market information booth. If payment is not received on the day of the market, a $10 late fee will be charged. Daily vendors and street entertainers also must register through ManageMyMarket.
The Old Capitol Farmers Market uses online software called ManageMyMarket to register vendors, track certifications, and assign spaces. Vendors must apply to the Market online. Applications are available at www.managemymarket.com.
There is a yearly registration fee of $15 for approved vendors. If you do not have access to the Internet or need assistance with filling out an application, you may schedule a time to register with the Market Manager at the Downtown Springfield Inc office by calling (217) 544-1723. Remember that you will need copies of your liability insurance certificate, Illinois Business Tax Id Number, current vehicle insurance, and any and all necessary documentation from the Sangamon County Health Department/State of Illinois.
Community Group vendors will need to create an account, select the Old Capitol Farmers Market, complete the online application process and upload supporting documents. Remember, only fields with a red asterisk (*) are mandatory. For questions that apply only to growers or farmers, leave these fields blank of place “n/a” (not applicable) in the required fields. When you are prompted to enter a product list please choose “Community Resources” from the list of potential products.
For additional information on Vendor Policies and Requirements click on the link below:
APPLY TO BE A COMMUNITY GROUP VENDOR
If you are interested in becoming a Community Group vendor at the Old Capitol Farmers Market, the application is live! Once you have completed your application, it will be reviewed for approval. If you are approved you will receive an email notification and an invoice. Payment is not due until after application is processed. Your application will not be considered complete until all documents and photos are uploaded or received.
We have not yet begun approving, placing, or invoicing vendors. Please be patient as we review applications.
2019 Vendor Agreement
I have read the 2019 Vendor document and agree to adhere to the policies, guidelines, and rules as stated and agree to submit all required documents and fee payments via ManageMyMarket by the May 1, 2019, deadline. If I am not able to use ManageMyMarket, paperwork and payments must be delivered to Downtown Springfield Inc (DSI) prior to the May 1, 2019, deadline. I understand that failure to comply with all applicable rules may result in vendor termination and forfeiture of any paid fees.
Questions? Contact Mollie Ringer, Market Manager at email@example.com or call Downtown Springfield Inc’s Office at 217-544-1723.
For more vendor resources see below: