- This event has passed.
16th Annual Rt. 66 Mother Road Festival
September 22, 2017 - September 24, 2017
Celebrate the Golden Age of Route 66…the cars, the music, the food, the friends……all brought together along Illinois’ Route 66.
- Friday Night! Rt. 66 City Nights Cruise For Crime Stoppers – over 1,000 classic cars cruise the city streets! $5 Donation to Crime Stoppers of Sangamon & Menard Counties requested to participate
- Burnout Competition Saturday afternoon
- Feast your eyes on the gorgeous rides in the Monet of Cars – all cars on display from Dick Levi’s private collection.
- The Travel Illinois Expo showcasing unique travel opportunities to Route 66 motorists traveling through Illinois communities along the Mother Road
Live Entertainment –on the Hot Rod Stage with classic hits from the 50’s, 60’s & 70’s
- Performance Marketplace for the restoration enthusiast – vendors on display throughout downtown
- Over 40 classes of car awards with CASI certified national judging!
Road Closures start at noon on Friday September 22. (Parking will be limited. No admittance to underground parking after noon however can leave underground parking up until 6:00pm Friday)
Cars will be parked on the following streets limiting access to non-participating vehicles:
4th Street at Jackson
5th Street at Jefferson
6th Street at Capitol
7th between Jefferson and Capitol
Washington between 2nd and 7th
Adams between 3rd and 5th
Adams between 6th and 9th
Monroe between 3rd and 7th
Capitol between 2nd and 7th