- This event has passed.
Civil War Tech – Teacher Professional Development
August 2 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Theme: On the Battlefield – Civil War Medicine, Ambulances, Soldier Life
The life of a soldier was filled with danger both on and off the battlefield. Discover how advances in Civil War weaponry and medicine altered life on the front.
– Discover the medical advancements made in triage and patient care and learn how these changes saved lives during the Civil War and today.
– See how germs spread and the role of germ theory played in how Civil War soldiers were treated.
– Learn about Civil War-era diseases and then try your hand at diagnosing patients.
– Examine the evolution of Civil War weaponry and how that affected the way battles were conducted.
– Learn how changing the shape of a bullet dramatically altered battlefield formations.
3 CPDU Credits and classroom materials will be provided for all participating teachers.
Registration required. Register by sending an email to Genevieve.Kaplan@illinois.