- This event has passed.
Komen Race for the Cure
May 19 @ 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series is the world’s largest, most successful fundraising and education event for breast cancer. The race series includes more than 140 events on four continents, with over one million participants coming together every year to take part in the fight against breast cancer.
This important annual event raises significant funds for the breast cancer movement, thanks to supporters and survivors around the world who step up and take action by fundraising for the cause.
Springfield Schedule of Activities
• 5:00 p.m. Activities Begin
• 5:45 p.m. Opening Ceremony
• 6:15 p.m. Survivors Line up in
Survivor Area by years
• 6:30 p.m. Survivor Group Photo
with Mr. Lincoln
• 6:35 p.m. Aerobic warmup
• 7:00 p.m. Competitive/Timed Run
• 7:02 p.m. 5K Family Run/Walk
• 7:10 p.m. One Mile Family Walk
• 8:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony
• 8:45 p.m. Pink Fireworks over Capitol