- This event has passed.
Rt 66 Motherroad Festival
September 21, 2018 @ 8:00 am - September 23, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
Celebrate The Golden Age
17th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival presented by 100.5 FM WYMG
The 17th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival takes place in downtown Springfield, IL between Washington & Capitol and 4th & 7th Streets. Event hours are Friday September 21 from 6:15 p.m. – 10 p.m; Saturday, September 22 from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; and Sunday, September 23 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Participants can pre-register their classic cars and trucks thru Friday, September 14th for just $45 atwww.route66fest.com. Registration will be available on-site beginning Thursday, September 20th for $60 in the Ansar Shrine Temple parking lot at 6th & Cook. Registration includes a participant t-shirt and entry for vehicle, driver and passenger all weekend.
- Friday Night! Rt. 66 City Nights Cruise For Crime Stoppers
- Burnout Competition Saturday
- Over 40 classes of car awards with CASI certified national judging!
- Post your “selfie” at any IL Route 66 landmark to Facebook, Twitter, or Insta with hashtag #MyIL66 to be featured on IL Route 66 Scenic Byway social media! Info at SelfiesOn66.com
- Follow the music to the main stage at 6th & Washington. All weekend, fans can hear live music by N.C.R., For The Love Of Lennon, Big Daddy Jasper and Todd Henry & The Flashbacks. Check www.route66fest.com for a full schedule of events. Fans can stop by Recycled Records on Saturday (625 E Adams) for some live music too!
- State Capitol Photo Op! Stage a photo of your car with the majestic IL State Capitol Building as your backdrop (4th & Capitol)
- Vele, located right in the center of the action, will be open Friday & Saturday evenings. Amazing cars will be lined up all around, including Dick Levi’s “Monet of Cars” private car collection which will be right outside at 6th and Monroe.
- Cruise the Shops with DSI
Those vintage cars lining downtown Streets for the 17th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival aren’t the only attraction! Fill your car (vintage or otherwise) with deals at participating shops. Stop by the DSI tent at 6th and Adams to get your punch card to play! Winners will receive a basket of downtown goodies worth $200. We’re proud to be on the original #Route66 and we welcome you!
The Route 66 Festival is sponsored by WMAY, WNNS, WQLZ, US 92.7, Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau, Illinois Office of Tourism, Great American Cookout, Sylvania Automotive, Original Parts Group, Recon Techs and American National Property & Casual.
Friday at 7pm:
7th Street between Jefferson & Monroe
6th Street between Jefferson & Monroe
5th Street between Jefferson & Monroe
All streets will open on Sunday, September 23rd at 5pm