DSI RELEASES 2019 IMPACT REPORT
New attendance records were set during the 2019 season of the Old Capitol Farmers Market. Thanks to all of our vendors, patrons, sponsors and partners for another amazing year of community in downtown Springfield! Read the report
WINTER INDOOR FARMERS MARKET
We are hosting this year’s six indoor markets at Anvil & Forge at 619 E Washington. Each Saturday market is held from 9 am – noon.
November 23, 2019 December 21, 2019
January 18, 2020 February 15, 2020
March 21, 2020 April 18, 2020
What products are available at the next market? Find out here
Are my favorite vendors at the market? Find out here
2020 SUMMER SEASON APPLICATIONS ARE LIVE!
If you are interested in becoming a grower or artisan vendor at the 2020 Old Capitol Farmers Market, the application is now live. Please note there have been some updates to our policies. Once you have completed your application, it will be reviewed for approval. If you are approved you will receive an email notification and an invoice. Payment is not due until after the application is processed.
If you have any questions, please contact the Market Manager, Kayla Graven, at email@example.com or the Downtown Springfield Inc. Office at 217-544-1723 or text 217-718-4494.
We support local farmers and local ingredients! Vendors may participate in the Market if they meet our requirements and register online. Prices benefit those steady vendors who participate more weeks of the market. We also accept artisans who make their own creations.
Click here to learn more about becoming a vendor.
Click here to learn more about becoming an Artisan vendor.
Click here to learn more about how your Community Group can get involved.
Accepting applications for the Holiday and Winter Markets now. Click here
IF YOU ARE NOT A GROWER OR ARTISAN
Businesses can pop up at the Market one Saturday during the summer season in our “Commercial Tent” space. The cost is $50 and you can sign up for your selected date here
Non-profits can pop up at the Market up to five Saturdays during the summer season in our “Community Tent” space. The cost is $25/day and you can sign up for your selected dates here
SUMMER MARKET LOCATION
The Market is located on Adams Street between 3rd and 5th Streets. On Saturdays, we also close down a portion of 4th Street between Monroe and Washington.
Feed the meters on the street.
SATURDAY WHILE YOU SHOP
9 am: Family Fitness Activity
9:30 am: Healthy Cooking Tent – Chef Demonstration
10 am – Noon: Acoustic Music at the Market programmed by Springfield Area Arts Council
Tokens are for credit/debit, Link, & Link Match dollars and are available for purchase on Wednesdays and Saturdays at our market booth at 4th & Adams.
- Wooden tokens are purchased with credit or debit and can be used the same as cash throughout the entire market. Vendors cannot give change for wooden tokens.
- Orange tokens are purchased with EBT and be used on any SNAP/LINK eligible grocery item. This includes but is not limited to baked goods, popcorn, produce, meat & cheese. This does not include ready to eat items or artisan goods. Vendors cannot give change for orange tokens.
- Up to $25 in LINK Match Dollars are given every time you swipe your EBT card at the market. (as long as funds are available) These can be used for whole, unprocessed produce ONLY. Vendors cannot give change for LINK Match Dollars.
LINK MATCH PROGRAM
For LINK customers we offer to match your orange tokens with LINK Match Dollars up to $25. For example, we can scan your card for $25 and give you $25 worth of orange tokens and $25 worth of LINK Match Dollars for a total of $50 to spend at the market.
Parking is free on the street. Resource One kindly allows shoppers to use their parking lot for free (enter using 3rd Street). You may also park in the City of Springfield parking ramp at 4th and Washington for $5. There is also free parking at the lot at 2nd and Washington and walk through the Sangamo Club entrance toward Adams St. Download the map>
HSHS St. John’s Hospital has supported the Old Capitol Farmers Market as Premier Sponsor for all twenty years DSI has produced this Market. Each week at the market they will offer various health screenings such as blood pressure monitoring and measuring body mass index for free.
The Old Capitol Farmers Market is provided by Downtown Springfield, Inc. in cooperation with Springfield Area Arts Council. SAAC partners to jury the artisan vendors and schedule local musicians. The City of Springfield Office of Public Works also supports the Market. Contact our Market Manager with any questions.
The Old Capitol Farmers Market strives to:
- Support small farms and local growers by providing a venue to directly market their goods.
- Strengthen the local economy by providing a venue for the public to connect with local growers, artisans, musicians, and entrepreneurs.
- Build community by providing a public gathering space for community members to engage, interact, and exchange ideas with the people and projects around them.
- Encourage healthy lifestyles through increasing availability of fresh produce and locally raised food.
- Celebrate the diversity of locally-grown food and artisan products that are unique to Springfield and central Illinois.
- Support, revitalize, and grow downtown Springfield by increasing foot traffic and patronage to the downtown area.
FRIENDS OF THE MARKET STREET DINNER
This wonderful four-course dinner under the stars on the Old State Capitol Plaza sold out last year, and there’s a good reason why! Four courses of Market ingredients are expertly prepared by four local chefs, with wine pairings for each course, for only a $100 ticket. All proceeds go toward the programming at the Old Capitol Farmers Market. This year’s event is on Thursday, September 3, 2020. Tickets go on sale to the general public on July 13, 2020.
HALLOWEEN AT THE MARKET
This special event takes place on Sat., Oct. 31, sponsored by Bank of Springfield, WNNS and SpringfieldMoms.org. There will be costume contests for Kids 0-12, Families and Dogs! Plus lots of special activities as we say goodbye to another fabulous summer season.