DSI & premier sponsor Memorial Health System are working together to create a vibrant city that is happier, healthier and more fun. This FREE event for the whole family encourages you to use downtown streets in an exciting new way! Open Streets temporarily closes streets to cars. “People traffic” replaces car traffic and the streets become “paved parks” where people of all ages, abilities, and backgrounds can come out and improve their health!
Ride Your Bikes or Run/Walk to Open Streets! or Park Your Cars Conveniently Close at These Locations:
2nd & Washington Lot – enter from 2nd or Wash. (free)
Convention Center Parking Garage – enter from 7 th east to Wash. ($1 per hour)
City Garage at 8th and Capitol – take 9th to Capitol (free)
Central Baptist Church Parking Lot – enter from 4th St (free)
Horace Mann Parking Lot – enter from East Jefferson St. (free)
Some of the Activities during Open Streets – All for FREE!
- Ride laps around the perimeter for fun prizes
- Park your bike at the ACE Bike Shop Corral and visit downtown businesses for lunch or shopping
- Decorate your bike with Our Vibrant Community & Central Baptist Church
- Test your skill at the all-ages bicycle course thanks to the Springfield Bicycle Club
- Participate in fitness right there on the STREET! Cardio Drumming, a Spin Class by the YMCA or Crossfit
- Sign up for Abe’s Army with the Springfield Road Runners Club
- Watch a BMX demonstration
- Get a quick check-up at the Memorial tent
- First aid station and water stations
- and MORE!!