From December 3-22, 2018, people who want to shop downtown during the holiday season won’t have to put coins in parking meters. Thanks to a partnership with the City of Springfield and Downtown Springfield Inc., residents and visitors who choose to shop downtown can park for free Monday through Friday, 10 am – 5 pm, through December 22.
As a reminder, metered parking on Saturdays and Sundays is already free all year long– and parking is also free during every scheduled day of the Old Capitol Holiday Walks.
The area where shoppers can park for free during weekdays is at meters between 4th Street to 7th Street and Monroe Street to Washington Street. However, parking illegally or in unlawful areas including bus or loading zones, yellow curb, no parking, and accessible spaces is not allowed at any time.
Shoppers simply need to get a parking permit labeled “Shoppers” from one of the participating businesses listed below and put it on their car’s dashboard nearest the curb to enjoy this holiday parking perk. Merchants will date and sign the permit, which is only good for that day.
- Urban Sassafras at 6th and Washington
- Springfield Vintage at 215 S 5th
- Itty Bitty Fashion Trunk at 403 E Adams
- Willow & Birch at 521 E Washington
- Springfield Clock Shop at 629 E Washington
- The Card*ologist at 627 E Adams
- Wild Rose at 115 N Sixth
- Daisy Jane’s at 424 E Monroe
- Recycled Records at 625 E Adams
- Corrine’s Closet at 223 S Sixth
- Studio on Sixth at 215 S Sixth
- Murphy’s Loft at 210 S Sixth
- The Roost at 216 S Sixth