The vintage cars lining our downtown streets during the 18th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival aren’t the only attraction! Fill your car (vintage or otherwise) with deals at participating shops.
Stop by the DSI tent at 6th and Adams to get your shop list to play:
- Players will receive 1 raffle ticket for every shop visited
- Players will receive 5 raffle tickets for purchase at participating shops
The more raffle tickets you earn, the better your chance to WIN! Winners will receive a basket of downtown goodies valued at $200.
We’re proud to be on the original Route 66 and we welcome you!
Isringhausen Imports is hosting Cars n Coffee just one block away from the Route 66 Mother Road Festival. Come and join this free event for car enthusiasts!
Celebrate the Golden Age of Route 66…the cars, the music, the food, the friends……all brought together along Illinois’ Route 66
*Friday Night! Rt. 66 City Nights Cruise For Crime Stoppers
*Burnout Competition Saturday
*Feast your eyes on the gorgeous rides in the Monet of Cars – all cars on display from Dick Levi’s private collection.
*Live Entertainment on the Hot Rod Stage
*Performance Marketplace for the restoration enthusiast – vendors on display throughout downtown
*Over 40 classes of car awards with CASI certified national judging!
*Post your “selfie” at any IL Route 66 landmark to Facebook, Twitter, or Insta with hashtag #MyIL66 to be featured on IL Route 66 Scenic Byway social media! Info at SelfiesOn66.com
*Downtown Springfield, Inc. Farmers Market – Saturday and Cruise the Shops free activity on Saturday afternoon
*Governors Mansion Photo Op! Stage a photo of your car with the Illinois Governors Mansion as your backdrop.
Downtown Springfield, IL Between Washington & Capitol and 4th & 7th St.
REGISTER YOUR RIDE online: https://goo.gl/gfeFoc or call 317-236-6515
Early Bird (thru 1/31/19) – $35
Advance (thru 9/22/19) – $45
Week of (9/23/19 thru event) – $60
Admission is FREE to all spectators.
Download the event map
Check out the parade route
On Thursday September 26, the following streets will be marked with “festival” bags starting at 2 pm. You may park at those spaces until Friday at 10 am, when parking is expressly prohibited, as written on the festival meter bags.
- 4th street between Capitol and Washington
- 5th street between Madison and Jefferson east side, traffic control area
- 5th street between Jefferson and Jackson
- 6th street between Jefferson and Capitol, one bag by head west sub shop
- 7th street between Madison and Jefferson east side, traffic control area
- 7th street between Jefferson and Capitol
- Washington between 3rd and 4th south side only
- Washington between 4th and 9th street both sides
- Adams between 2nd and 7th street
- Monroe between 3rd and 7th street
- Capitol between 4th and 7th
Friday, September 27 at noon
- Close 5th at Jefferson
- Close 6th between north of American Legion Drive and Jefferson
- Close Capitol between east side of 4th and west side of 7th street
- Close Monroe at 3rd east of the tracks
- Close Adams at 2nd street and west side of 7th street
- Close Washington east side of 4th street
Friday Sept 27th Close at 5 PM
- Close 7th at Jefferson
- Close Monroe at 3rd west side of tracks
- Close 4th on the north side of Capitol.
- Close the east side of 4th St (parking lane and thru lane) from Jackson to Capitol, leaving the west side of 4th St (Parking Lane and one thru lane) open for vehicles to proceed west onto Capitol.
Sunday Sept 29th at 5 pm
All streets are opened.
Celebrate The Golden Age
17th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival presented by 100.5 FM WYMG
The 17th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival takes place in downtown Springfield, IL between Washington & Capitol and 4th & 7th Streets. Event hours are Friday September 21 from 6:15 p.m. – 10 p.m; Saturday, September 22 from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.; and Sunday, September 23 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Participants can pre-register their classic cars and trucks thru Friday, September 14th for just $45 atwww.route66fest.com. Registration will be available on-site beginning Thursday, September 20th for $60 in the Ansar Shrine Temple parking lot at 6th & Cook. Registration includes a participant t-shirt and entry for vehicle, driver and passenger all weekend.
- Friday Night! Rt. 66 City Nights Cruise For Crime Stoppers
- Burnout Competition Saturday
- Over 40 classes of car awards with CASI certified national judging!
- Post your “selfie” at any IL Route 66 landmark to Facebook, Twitter, or Insta with hashtag #MyIL66 to be featured on IL Route 66 Scenic Byway social media! Info at SelfiesOn66.com
- Follow the music to the main stage at 6th & Washington. All weekend, fans can hear live music by N.C.R., For The Love Of Lennon, Big Daddy Jasper and Todd Henry & The Flashbacks. Check www.route66fest.com for a full schedule of events. Fans can stop by Recycled Records on Saturday (625 E Adams) for some live music too!
- State Capitol Photo Op! Stage a photo of your car with the majestic IL State Capitol Building as your backdrop (4th & Capitol)
- Vele, located right in the center of the action, will be open Friday & Saturday evenings. Amazing cars will be lined up all around, including Dick Levi’s “Monet of Cars” private car collection which will be right outside at 6th and Monroe.
- Cruise the Shops with DSI
Those vintage cars lining downtown Streets for the 17th Annual International Route 66 Mother Road Festival aren’t the only attraction! Fill your car (vintage or otherwise) with deals at participating shops. Stop by the DSI tent at 6th and Adams to get your punch card to play! Winners will receive a basket of downtown goodies worth $200. We’re proud to be on the original #Route66 and we welcome you!
Download event map
The Route 66 Festival is sponsored by WMAY, WNNS, WQLZ, US 92.7, Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau, Illinois Office of Tourism, Great American Cookout, Sylvania Automotive, Original Parts Group, Recon Techs and American National Property & Casual.
Friday at 7pm:
7th Street between Jefferson & Monroe
6th Street between Jefferson & Monroe
5th Street between Jefferson & Monroe
All streets will open on Sunday, September 23rd at 5pm
Celebrate the Golden Age of Route 66…the cars, the music, the food, the friends……all brought together along Illinois’ Route 66.
Fast Facts about the Festival>
Schedule of Events>
Map of the Festival>
- Friday Night! Rt. 66 City Nights Cruise For Crime Stoppers – over 1,000 classic cars cruise the city streets! $5 Donation to Crime Stoppers of Sangamon & Menard Counties requested to participate
- Burnout Competition Saturday afternoon
- Feast your eyes on the gorgeous rides in the Monet of Cars – all cars on display from Dick Levi’s private collection.
- The Travel Illinois Expo showcasing unique travel opportunities to Route 66 motorists traveling through Illinois communities along the Mother Road
Live Entertainment –on the Hot Rod Stage with classic hits from the 50’s, 60’s & 70’s
- Performance Marketplace for the restoration enthusiast – vendors on display throughout downtown
- Over 40 classes of car awards with CASI certified national judging!
Road Closures start at noon on Friday September 22. (Parking will be limited. No admittance to underground parking after noon however can leave underground parking up until 6:00pm Friday)
Cars will be parked on the following streets limiting access to non-participating vehicles:
4th Street at Jackson
5th Street at Jefferson
6th Street at Capitol
7th between Jefferson and Capitol
Washington between 2nd and 7th
Adams between 3rd and 5th
Adams between 6th and 9th
Monroe between 3rd and 7th
Capitol between 2nd and 7th
See you downtown for a weekend full of automotive eye-candy, family fun and non-stop live music and entertainment! We welcome 80,000 spectators and more than 1,000 cars from 20 states to historic Downtown Springfield each Fall for a beautiful weekend celebrating the Mother Road.
Check out the schedule of events>
Rt 66 Event Map