The air is getting crisper and the leaves are beginning to fall, which can only mean one thing – winter is just around the corner! But don’t fret the chilly weather, because DSI has a delightful tradition instore to warm your hearts and fill your bellies.
We’re excited to announce the return of the indoor winter Old Capitol Farmers Market season, a community even that promises a cornucopia of local delights, from fresh produce to artisan crafts, all under the roof of historic Union Station. Mark your calendars and join us for this winter tradition!
- Dates: 1st & 3rd Saturday November-April, excluding December 2 and January 6
- Location: Historic Union Station, 500 E Madison Street Springfield, IL
- Hours: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Why You Shouldn’t Miss It:
- Locally Sourced Goodness: Our Old Capitol Farmers Market is a celebration of the incredible talent and resources right here in our community. You’ll find a fantastic array of locally grown and produced items, including fresh fruits and vegetables, meats, dairy products, baked goods, and more. It’s the perfect place to stock up on your favorite seasonal foods and support our local farmers, growers, bakers, and makers.
- Artisan Crafts: Beyond the delicious food, our market features an impressive selection of handmade crafts and unique gifts. It’s the ideal opportunity to find one-of-a-kind holiday presents while supporting local artisans and small businesses.
- Warm Atmosphere: The winter Old Capitol Farmers Market at Union Station provides a cozy and inviting atmosphere, perfect for escaping the chill outside. Stroll through our vendors’ stalls, enjoy local goods, sip on a warm cup of coffee, and chat with neighbors and friends. It’s a heartwarming experience you won’t want to miss.
- Community Building: The market is more than just a place to shop; it’s a gathering of the community. Reconnect with old friends, meet new ones, and enjoy the community connection and camaraderie that makes Springfield so special.
- Family-Friendly Fun: Bring the whole family out! All ages will find something to enjoy in this cozy atmosphere. Make a day of it and shop or eat downtown after you fill your market baskets.
How To Get Involved:
If you’re a local farmers, artisan, or crafter interested in vending at the winter Old Capitol Farmers Market, you can apply on our website.
Plenty of free street parking is available on the block surrounding Union Square Park. Shoppers can also park in the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum Parking Garage across the street. Rates are$5 for less that 4 hours, $10 for 4-12 hours, and $15 for 12 hours or more.
We’re excited to welcome everyone back to the indoor winter season of the Old Capitol Farmers Market, where the community comes together in downtown Springfield to celebrate the joys of the season. Join us in being a part of this cherished winter tradition. Together, let’s make this winter a time of warmth, connection, and unforgettable experiences as we support our local vendors. See you there!