our 22nd year
The award-winning Old Capitol Farmers Market has been overseen by Downtown Springfield Inc. (DSI) since 1999, with support from premier sponsor HSHS St. John’s Hospital. The most popular Market in Central Illinois (and largest downstate producer-only Market) has been voted Best Reason to Go Downtown, Best Farmers Market, Best Public Art, & Best Free Entertainment.
The Market supports small farms and local growers by providing an open air venue to sell their goods in the heart of the Springfield. The Market strengthens the local economy by providing the public access to fresh, healthy foods at reasonable prices, while supporting budding entrepreneurs. It has launched numerous successful brick and mortars including Custom Cup, Buzz Bomb Brewing, and Three Twigs Bakery. The Market also encourages healthy lifestyles, celebrates the diversity presented by farmers and makers, and serves as a community gathering place.
Thanks to Our Premier Sponsor
The Old Capitol Farmers Market’s summer season runs run May 12 – October 30 on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 8:00-12:30 at 4th and Adams in downtown Springfield.
We will still be following the COVID-19 policies that the Illinois Farmers Market Association and the Illinois Department of Public Health have developed, including requiring face masks to shop at the market. We are allowed to bring back some of our beloved traditions such as chef demonstrations, family shopping and dogs on leashes! (Dog owners are asked to mind our dog policy.)
Read our blog post with all of the details here.
Online shopping with curbside pickup is still available this year. Orders can be placed here.
SNAP users: Please visit the Market Information Booth to obtain your Healthy Ways card which can be used as a debit card with our vendors.
Social Distancing Guidelines:
- All customers should wear a mask per State of Illinois orders
- Stay home if you are sick or you are in a high-risk group
- Follow CDC guidelines to practice good cough and hand hygiene
- Customers age 65+ should have someone shop for them whenever possible
- Customers age 65+ that need to shop for themselves should shop early
- Customers are not allowed to touch produce/products before buying, the vendor will bag purchases
- Customers are not allowed to eat food at the Market
- Make a shopping list and complete shopping as quickly as possible
- This is not a social hour! Limit interactions with other customers, vendors
- Pay with credit or debit. If paying with cash, pay with exact change (or round up) to limit touches. The Market will not provide cash tokens this year.
- SNAP customers will still be able to use LINK card for tokens.
- Limit two customers per household
- Only bring small children if necessary
- No pets
Want to know more about the market? Want to become a sponsor or a Vendor? Where do you park? Find out more in these FAQs. IF you don’t find what you’re looking for please contact us.
3 W Old State Capitol Plaza
Springfield, IL 62701
P: (217) 544-1723
Stay Connected to everything amazing that Downtown Springfield has to offer.