our 22nd year
The award-winning Old Capitol Farmers Market has been overseen by Downtown Springfield Inc. (DSI) since 1999, with support from premier sponsor HSHS St. John’s Hospital. The most popular Market in Central Illinois has been voted Best Reason to Go Downtown, Best Farmers Market, Best Public Art, & Best Free Entertainment. The Market supports small farms and local growers by providing an open air venue to sell their goods in the heart of the Springfield community. It strengthens the local economy by providing the public access to fresh, healthy foods at reasonable prices, while supporting budding entrepreneurs. It has launched numerous successful brick and mortars including Custom Cup, Buzz Bomb Brewing, and Three Twigs Bakery. The Market also encourages healthy lifestyles, celebrates the diversity presented by farmers and makers, and serves as a community gathering place. We partner with the Springfield Area Arts Council in jurying our artisans.
Thanks to Our Premier Sponsor
Winter Farmers Market!
Due to COVID, access to the monthly Winter Farmers Market managed by DSI will be offered via online ordering with curbside pickup ONLY.
The market will be available for curbside pick up on the January, February, March, and April.
Note that pickup will occur on the last Friday of the month (4-6) instead of Saturday mornings. Pick up will be at 3 W Old State Capitol Plaza (building next to the former Augie’s Front Burner) You will receive a confirmation email with further instructions including the time slot to pick up your products. Thank you for shopping local and supporting our regional farmers!
Orders can be placed here.
*SNAP users with Healthy Way cards should contact the farmer directly to process payment. Please reach out to Kayla (217-544-1723) to get a Healthy Ways card and/or load your Healthy Ways card.
Social Distancing Guidelines:
- All customers should wear a mask per State of Illinois orders
- Stay home if you are sick or you are in a high-risk group
- Follow CDC guidelines to practice good cough and hand hygiene
- Customers age 65+ should have someone shop for them whenever possible
- Customers age 65+ that need to shop for themselves should shop early
- Customers are not allowed to touch produce/products before buying, the vendor will bag purchases
- Customers are not allowed to eat food at the Market
- Make a shopping list and complete shopping as quickly as possible
- This is not a social hour! Limit interactions with other customers, vendors
- Pay with credit or debit. If paying with cash, pay with exact change (or round up) to limit touches. The Market will not provide cash tokens this year.
- SNAP customers will still be able to use LINK card for tokens.
- Limit two customers per household
- Only bring small children if necessary
- No pets
Want to know more about the market? Want to become a sponsor or a Vendor? Where do you park? Find out more in these FAQs. IF you don’t find what you’re looking for please contact us.
3 W Old State Capitol Plaza
Springfield, IL 62701
P: (217) 544-1723
Stay Connected to everything amazing that Downtown Springfield has to offer.