Roses are red. Violets are blue. Downtown is a hot spot of romance for you.
Join Downtown Springfield for a week of love and romance. Many of our businesses have special activities planned just for you and the one you love.
Get your Vintage Love on:
The Sixth annual Vintage Love Tour will be on February 8th, 10am -4pm. Wander downtown and around town in search of cute vintage, hand-painted, antique, home decor shops. Collect a charm at each stop and take home a fun necklace to remember your day in Springfield.
Why not Wednesday’s special addition Galentine’s Day will be on February 12th. One lucky shopper will go away with a gift basket filled with downtown love.
- Murphy’s Loft will have 10% off any items with hearts, love or arrows.
- Wild Rose will have Valentines Promo Sale $10 off all upcycle clothing. 10% off all wood furniture and shelves. $10 all hats and ear warmers by Cindy. 25% off felt paintings
- Corrine’s Closet will have 20% off sweaters and coats
Listen to the melodies of romance.
- Enjoy a romantic evening featuring music inspired by classic stories of star-crossed lovers by the Sangamon Valley Civic Orchestra. The orchestra will perform LIVE on Friday, February 21, 2020 at 7 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Springfield. Join Conductor Niccoló Muti as the orchestra performs beloved classics including Tchaikovsky’s Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture and Humperdinck’s Sleeping Beauty Suite. For more information, please visit their website at www.SVYS.org.
- Illinois Symphony Orchestra will be performing a special Love Note concert. Take note that
love is in the air this Valentine’s Day with the pure magic of Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake and the seductive passion of Strauss’s Don Juan. The technical fireworks of pianist Sandra Wright Shen will be on display in Rachmaninoff’s captivating Third Piano Concerto. The perfect gift for this notable day. Saturday, February 15, 2020 | 7:30 PM
Date night plans? Whisk the one you love and treat them to an evening downtown to one of our fine restaurants.
- Valentine’s Weekend at VELE: Celebrate Valentine’s Day at VELE! We will be offering our regular menu along with a few specials on Friday and Saturday. Each couple will enjoy a complimentary flower and chocolates. 5-10 (dinner) bar is open until 11pm; reservations now open online: https://www.velerestaurant.com/dine
- Augie’s Front Burner will have an exquisite Valentine’s day weekend menu for you to choose from. Click here to see the menu. You can make a reservation by calling (217)544-6979.
- Nu-Voh at the Saint Nicholas will feature a Valentine’s Day Dinner! A five-course dinner. 1st Lobster Bisque, 2nd Fig w/bacon chilies, Walnut roasted grape spinach salad w/ feta balsamic vinaigrette, Choice of one. Braised short ribs $44.95 Herbs of providence filet Mignon $54.95 Butter poached lobster w/crispy potato pave $59.95, and finally Valhora chocolate-covered strawberries or Vanilla cheesecake w/ pear port wine glaze. Reservations 217-572-1994
Or maybe your relationship is not quite ready for a dinner date.
- How about Boozy Brunch on February 15 or February 16? 10 am at Buzz Bomb Brewing with hot food served up from Cafe Moxo, a Bubbly & Bloody Bar from Just The Basics Mobile Bar, and of course Buzz Bomb beer!
Need a Love potion?
- Cupid coming after you? The bite of love still fresh? Celtic Mist will be serving up Love Potion #5 (sangria, coconut water vodka, juices) -$4.
- History doesn’t always mean treaties, speeches, and battles. It can also mean romantic letters, love songs and reunions with loved ones, as the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum will demonstrate the day before Valentine’s Day.
A special “Tales from the Vault” session on Feb. 13 will showcase materials from the presidential library’s collections that connect to love and romance. Manuscripts curator Christopher Schnell will explain each item and discuss what historians can learn from them.